Countertop Encrypted Magnetic Stripe Reader
The MSR213E is one of the MSR213 Series of Magnetic Stripe Readers with additional security features of Triple Data Encryption Standard (TDES) encryption and Derived Unique Key Per Transaction (DUKPT) key management. It is powered from the USB port eliminating the need for external power. The MSR213E operates in Keyboard Emulation, Virtual COM Interface and UIC defined Human interface Device (HID) modes.
The MSR213E reads all three tracks of the magnetic stripe cards in both directions and fully conforms to ISO 7811, American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) standards. It has a status LED that is off, green or red based on the status of the reader. There is also a buzzer to further indicate the status of the reader. It is a highly intelligent device that uses flash memory to store keys and has the capability to turn the LED red when all DUKPT keys have been used.
Features & Benefits
- Card data is encrypted with Triple DES algorithm using DUKPT key management.
- Track data output is masked according to a Mod 10 Correction setting.
- Reads Magnetic Stripe cards conforming to ISO7810 and 7811
- Triple track and support for 75/210bpi recording density
- Read both low and high coercivity cards (300-4000 Oe)
- Bi-directional card swipe
- Supports multiple interfaces ( USB HID-MSR, USB HID-KB, USB Virtual-COM)
- Two-frequency coherent phase (F2F) decoding
- Reader status LED and buzzer
- F2F MRD 532 decoder
- Processor: Micro-controller capable of TDES processing
- Magnetic Card Reader: ISO7811; Triple tracks reading
- Power Requirement: +5VDC +-10% from USB Port
- Power Consumption: 35mA Max. in normal condition.
- Interface: USB HID KB emulation / USB HID
- Body Material: ABS 94V-0
- Dimensions: 3.94”(100 mm) L x 1.34”(34 mm) W x 1.10”(28 mm) H
- Weight: Approx. 4.2 ounces (120 g)
- Connector: USB Type A Plug
- Card Handling Method: Manual swipe, bi-directional
- Operating Temperature: 14°F to 122°F (-10°C to +50°C)
- Storage Temperature: -22°F to 158°F (-30°C to +70°C)
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90%
- Storage Humidity: 10% to 90%
- FCC Class B, CE Class B, BSMI Class B.
- Meet PCI DSS requirement
- Meet UPOS requirement (current version 1.12)
Read Card Format
。Track 1: Bit Density 210 bpi
。Track 2: Bit Density 75 bpi
。Track 3: Bit Density 210 bpi
- Card Types: Magnetic cards as per ISO7810, 7811, AAMVA
- Read Capability: Magnetic stripe - dual or triple track of low/high coercivity (300~4000 Oe)
Test Card Types
。Standard card: Read Speed 5~55 ips
。Jitter±15%: Read Speed 5~50 ips
。Amp.60%: Read Speed 5~50 ips
- Card Thickness: 0.76 ±0.08mm
- Error rate: <0.5%
- Magnetic Head Life: 1 M Swipes